We love Mallorca in the winter. We enjoy just to have a good old wander and to explore the island without the (nice!) temptation to just lie on the sunlounger all day.
Here’s a small insight into some of our favourite things to do in Mallorca in the milder climate ….
- Soak up Mallorca’s cafe culture in one of the historical squares. Palma has lots of these but the small towns and villages are also a delight such as Soller, Pollenca, Valldemossa, Arta and Santanyi (to name a few!)
- Get those walking boots on and explore the beauty of the Tramuntana mountains. This is one of Europe’s most picturesque mountain ranges with lots of trails of all grades and stunning sea views.
- Head to the inland villages to browse their colourful markets packed with local produce and crafts. Santanyi, Santa Maria and Sineu are all worth a visit.
- Kick back on one of the island’s beautiful virgin beaches with a stroll and a picnic.
- Sit out on a restaurant terrace in Deia (or an equally lovely ancient village) and gaze out at the amazing views whist enjoying delicious tapas.
As we love it so much, we’ve put together some special offers to tempt you into the winter sun of Mallorca:
Great for… as it’s located in the pretty bohemian village of Deia you’re in a perfect position to explore the village and to indulge in its numerous well received restaurants, cafes and bars. Also a good base from which to discover the surrounding Tramuntana mountains and to enjoy hikes into the countryside direct from the door. The newly refurbished two bedroom apartments also make it ideal for families.
Special Offer: February & March 2014: For only 100 Euros / night, enjoy these newly furnished two bedroom apartments.
Read more and book S’Hotel des Puig >>
Great for …. set in the ancient mountain village of Fornalutx, it’s a lovely base from which to hike straight into the mountains. A nice place to enjoy romantic evenings as it’s a cosy bolthole, with some good restaurants on the doorstep.
Special Offer: Jan, Feb & March: Stay 7 nights for the price of 5 or 3 nights for 2. Stay 1 or 2 nights and enjoy 10% discount.
Read more and book Can Reus >>
Great for… as this tasteful townhouse hotel is situated in the Old Town of Pollenca enjoy strolling to the atmospheric main square for a coffee or lazy lunch. Enjoy reviving seafront walks or picnics on the nearby beaches in the Bay of Pollenca. Take in the breathtaking views whilst you drive to the lighthouse at Formentor.
Special Offer: Winter prices between 72 and 120 Euros room/night. Upto 31st March: 10% discount for 7 nights or more and free transfers.
Read more and book Son Sant Jordi >>
Great for… as this country retreat is rather luxurious it’s a great place to indulge in lazy days, either in the stylish rooms or by relaxing in some winter sun on the expansive loungers. Explore the nearby pretty coves and coastline. Enjoy a laid back lunch or romantic dinner at a seafront restaurant.
Special Offer: Prices in December & January from 100 Euros room/night
Great for… as this contemporary designed hotel is located right in the heart of Old Town Palma, it has an array of shops, cafes and restaurants on its doorstep. Enjoy a refreshing stroll along the seafront and admire the super yachts. Take in some culture and admiring the city’s diverse architecture.
Special Offer: Stay up to 31st March: Double rooms 170 Euros
Read more and book Hotel Tres>>